Sunday, December 27, 2009

Franken: Christmas Present















This color came about because I was looking at my bottles of the RBL glitters thinking that it would be awesome to have that same dense glitter in Christmas colors.  Unfortunately, I had this idea after Christmas, so a full mani will have to wait until next year (or maybe until July when I'm wishing for the holidays), but I figured I'd at least swatch it for you all. 

I think it turned out much better than I expected.  This is Sinful Queen of Beauty, CC Art of Seduction, CC Object of Envy, Martha Stewart glitter in Sterling, Garnet, Peridot, and Crystal Fine, and a little plain OPI top coat (as I was out of clear).  No exact recipe.  I just dumped in colors until I liked the consistency and the dispersion of color.

I need to do a few more of these glitters.  They are fairly easy to do, and it's great to be able to customize your own color.  Texture on this was similar to the RBLs.  They were fairly smooth and only needed a top coat to even out whatever texturing there was.  The picture is three thin coats.

No comments:

Post a Comment