Saturday, December 26, 2009

Franken: Three Queens


This franken was inspired by a recent post by Michelle at ALU, where she reviews the new OPI Alice in Wonderland collection (Valentine's 2010).  Michelle had mentioned that while she liked the collection, she was disappointed in the inclusion of two reds (c'mon, Suzi), and wished there were a couple more original colors in their place.  One of the colors she mentioned was a white polish with red glitter, inspired by this promotional shot of Anne Hathaway from the film.





I couldn't sleep and I was wasting time, so I figured I'd try my hand at frankening it.  Here's what I came up with:



I don't have an exact recipe, as I didn't fill up an entire empty bottle, but it's mostly ChG White Out and a little bit of ChG White Kwik Silvr for the base.  The glitter is about 10 drops of CC Art of Seduction, which I had to thin out quit a bit to get it to pour nicely.  Lastly, I added a few red hearts from my bottle of Love My Nails Crazy for You.

I really like the way it turned out.  I think it would be perfect for Valentine's Day.  It doesn't look pink, which is what I feared when I started mixing it up.  You can really tell it's red glitter in a white polish.  I think if I had some chunkier red glitter and a brighter white for the base (I realize if I'd just use the White Out, it would have been brighter, as the WKS makes it a bit dirtier, but I wanted a touch of shimmer) it would have looked better . 

I named it "Three Queens" for the White Queen, Red Queen, and the Queen of Hearts from the Alice in Wonderland books.  I think it's kind of silly to name frankens, myself, but I needed a catchy title.  LOL.  :P  Plus, I was pretty proud of this one, so I think she needed a name.  Maybe if I was good at frankening, I wouldn't mind naming them.  :)

Also, I've never been a fan of the Alice in Wonderland books.  I never had anything against them, I just never read them.  I think I was too freaked out by the animated movie when I was younger and avoided the books (the same reason I never read The Wizard of Oz).  Now I'm thinking I may need to go to the used bookstore and pick them up.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment