Monday, January 11, 2010

2 More China Glaze Up and Away polishes

I finally have a couple minutes to sit down and update, so this will be the first of several posts tonight.



This is Heli-Yum.  I'm pretty sure this is 2 coats.  For some reason, I'm having a hard time remembering how this applied, but IIRC, this applied pretty easy.  Not as nicely as Four Leaf Clover, but much better than High Hopes (up next).  Sorry to hide the index finger, but it was so chippy just after a day.  I had to re-do that nail when I did my mani, so I must have had something on it before I applied the polish.  The other nails were fine, so I don't think it was a problem with the polish.

ChG describes it as raspberry, and I can kind of see it in an processed raspberry sort of way.  It's not like fresh raspberries, but it does remind me of the raspberry sauce that comes with the Great Wall of Chocolate from P.F. Chang's.  (drooooooooooooooooool... okay, I'm done  :P).

This is a very pretty color, of not really original.  I kind of wonder how this compares to ChG Sneakerhead from the Custom Kicks collection.  They look kind of similar in the bottle, but I need to swatch it and see.

Next up is High Hopes


ChG describes this color as Guava, but to me, it's a bright, orange-based coral.  It's pretty, but I didn't really like on me.  You can't really tell from the pic, but even after 3 (thin) coats, you could see bald spots.  You could also see every imperfection on my nails.  It's a pretty color, and I may feel differently about it in warmer weather.  I think on somebody with actual pigment in their skin, this would look amazing, especially with a tan.  Also, I wanted to mention that this one had a very thick, goopy formula.  I had to do thin coats to combat it.  I want to compare this one to OPI Lunch at the Delhi.  I plan on doing a comp post with all the Up and Away polishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment