Monday, January 4, 2010

OPI Kimono'ver Here

FAIL

I have this color because back when I got acrylics the first time around my wedding, I got this color at one of my fill-ins.  At the time, I loved it.  Don't ask me why.  I think I was high.  It's this mauve-y, pink frost.  In the bottle, there are silver ribbons, but on the nail the silver just adds to the frosty-ness.  Application was good.  This is 2 coats.  And, aaaaaaaaaaahhhh old formula smelly goodness, but none of that can help the color.  This reminds me of the old lady that had a store down the street when I was a kid.  She smelled like smoke, charged double for a 10 oz soda (seriously... it was like a dollar in 1985), and wore this kind of color on her pointy nails.  LOL.  I have no idea why I lemmed it for so long.  I guess it was part nostalgia and part sketchy memory, but I really couldn't keep it on my fingers for more than a minute.  It's definitely going to my mom.  Kimono'ver Here is from OPI's 2000 Spring Far East.  It is d/c, but (maybe you can wear it better than me) if you can find it occasionally on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment