Monday, January 4, 2010

KOTD: ChG Re-Fresh Mint w/ Migi Black Polish















I read on the NB that Up and Away is going to be sent to sellers this week, so it should be in stock at e-tailers soon.  Thus, I figured I'd apply all 12 of these as NOTDs, as my swatches were really sad.  So I chose Re-Fresh Mint as my first one. 

*Sigh*  This color is absolutely amazinga nd it's the first mint I've tried that doesn't look like utter ass on me. It makes my hands look a bit red, but I don't really give a crap.  It's too pretty.  It's a true mint green creme that doesn't lean blue.  Normally, like I mentioned, mints look gross on me, but this one works.  There's been a bit of variation in opinion on various nail bloggers as to the formula on these polishes, especially the pastels.  Some find it great and some find it difficult.  I am in the middle.  It took 2 coats to reach opacity, but it was a little thick to apply, but nothing too hard to control.  Also it was a bit streaky on the first coat on some nails.

I loved the color on its own, but I wanted to break out the konad for the first time since I started growing out my nails.  I meant to take a pic before I applied the stamp, but I totally forgot.  Plate is m71.  I used Migi Nail Art Black.  The Migi is a little cumbersome for the konad, as it doesn't have a flat base, but I managed.

Hope you guys like this one (I lurve it).  Tomorrow, I'll be back with another Up and Away NOTD.  Any thoughts on the next one in the collection you'd want to see?  I'll pick the one with the most votes.  :)

Both the China Glaze polish and the Migi Nail Art pen used to create this mani were supplied to me by the manufacturer for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment