Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Previous KOTD: Chocolate and Roses















Pardon the tip wear, this was after 2 days.


Given my success with RBL Plie and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, I figured I’d try another RBL crème to see if it was a fluke. Au Chocolat was the RBL crème that gave me the most trouble. The first time I applied it, it bubbled and was slow to dry. This time around, I still had some bubbles and it dried slower than Plie, but compared to my previous application, it was tons better. Yay!

I’m quite happy that it’s playing nice with the Insta-Dri because Au Chocolat is the most amazing color. It literally looked like someone melted milk chocolate on my nails. This was 2 coats, one normal and one thin. Application was really easy on this.
My goal all along when applying AC was to create a Valentine’s Day konad. I realize Valentine’s Day is 2 weeks away, and when I created this mani, it was almost 3 weeks away, but I had a spark of inspiration and I had to go with itl LOL.
The idea I had was “flowers and chocolates”. Silly, I know… but I was probably sleep deprived when I thought of it. I used a large/small rose design from my recently acquired fauxnad plates. Again, if you are interested, I can look up the seller, just let me know. The colors are all a mix of ChG U&A and Romantique (Sugar High, Something Sweet, and Emotion).

No comments:

Post a Comment