Tuesday, April 17, 2012

30 Days of Blues for Autism Awareness - Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air

Welcome to day 17 in my "30 Days of Blues" for Autism Awareness...



This is 3 coats of Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air over, what has become my go-to pale blue creme, Julep Jessica.  Glitter in the Air is blue and pink, multi-sized and multi-shaped glitter in a milky, pale blue sheer base.  

Honestly, I love the look of Glitter in the Air, as there is something about it that is almost ethereal.   That said, it is a polish that must be layered rather than using it on it's own.  Otherwise, you will find it incredibly frustrating and you may even wonder why you purchased it at all (done that).  In my experience, I recommend layering it over a blue base rather than trying to use another color.  I've tried it over other pastels, and white, and I just prefer it over a similar-toned light blue.  Also, I find that several coats of this one, rather than simply using it as a topcoat, look better, as it gives layers to the glitter, rather than just having the glitter sit on top of the base color, if that makes sense.

I know that Revlon has a similar shade, and I'm all for getting lower-priced dupes.  However, I oftentimes find myself frustrated with Revlon's brush and their formula.  Thus, I don't have the dupe to compare.  Also, I find that Lippmann's brushes (along with Zoya's brush and Nubar's brush) are perfect for polishing short nails.  I have so much more control with the shorter handle.  So, if I can swing the Lippmann (even if there is a dupe), I will usually get that over the cheaper polish.  Plus, the formula was great.  I did have to work at bit to get the glitter in the right places, but that's par for the course with this type of polish.  

Bottom line, it's a gorgeous polish.  It just needs a little help to look this gorgeous (don't we all.  LOL).  

Lippmann Glitter in the Air is readily available on the internet, and I think it's also available in the beauty departments of larger department stores, such as Nordstrom.  Deborah Lippmann polishes retail for $16 and up, though glitters, such as this one, are usually in the $18 range.  I usually get my Lippmanns from Zappos, whatshebuys.com, or Apothica.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment