Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blog Comments

As you all may know, since this blog started, I have let people post their blog URL with their comment.  I know a lot of bloggers think differently, but I have always felt that it never affected me if someone was to include their blog information along with their comment, so why not allow them.

I have also had the comments on this blog open and un-moderated.  That is simply because it's what I prefer as a blog-commenter myself.   I always like having my comment instantly appear on a blog, rather than having to go through the moderation process.  So that is what I did with my blog.

Unfortunately, due to a recent influx of link spam, I am having to re-think this policy.  Thus, as of today, 4/25/2012, all comments on A Polish Problem will be moderated.  I'm on the blog everyday, multiple times a day, so unless you post during my overnight hours, it shouldn't take but a few hours, if that, to have your comment appear on the blog.

Also, I have also re-evaluated my policy of allowing links in the comments.  I realize I could still allow blog links  in comments, while not posting the comments with the spammy links, but I figured a blanket policy would be much easier.  That means that I am no longer going to allow blog URLs to be posted within comments.

I remember how hard it was for me (and in some way still is) to gain readers.  That's why I've allowed bloggers to post their links in their comments, as I've always felt that I can use this blog as a way to promote other blogs.  I hate doing this, but I hate seeing spam in my comments more, and this is the only way I can control it.  As comments are now moderated, please know that any comment that includes a link will not be posted.  At first, I thought I could edit them, but I use Blogger's comment system, and it doesn't allow editing.

I will continue to post the Blogger Round Ups to help new and new-ish bloggers promote their blogs.  Rather than posting your URL in your comments, from here on out, if you are not in my blogroll, or if I have not previously featured you, please request to be in my next Round Up post.  To do this, you can respond in the most current Round Up post or Round Up reminder post.  You can find out more information, by clicking the above "Blogger Round Up" tab.  You can also email your requests to roundup@apolishproblem.com.  

If you have a product website or a product you would like me to review, please do not post your information within comments.  Rather, please contact me at megan@apolishproblem.com or apolishproblem@gmail.com.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment