Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Comparison: Rescue Beauty Lounge IKB:2012 vs Revlon Royal

As I had both of these out due to recent posts, I figured I would do a comparison post...


This picture, and the one above it are both 3 coats of both polishes.  You can see just how much lighter IKB:2012 is than Royal.  Also, you can see some of the formula issues I had with IKB:2012.  It's quite uneven without a topcoat.

This picture is 2 coats of Royal and 3 coats of IKB:2012.  As I was taking pictures of both polishes at 3 coats, I realized that it would probably be good if I showed you a comparison between 2 coats of Royal and 3 coats of IKB:2012, and they are the closest in color at that number of coats.  

As you can see, Royal is a brighter cobalt blue jelly, whereas IKB:2012 is still bright, but it also leans a bit purple, and it has a dustiness to it, that Royal does not.

I know that Ji mentioned on Rescue Beauty Lounge's FB page and on Twitter that IKB:2012 is currently out of stock, pending filling all of the orders.  It may be back in stock after all orders are filled, but no guarantees.  

Revlon Royal is readily available on Revlon's website, as well as through other online outlets, and at drugstores and big boxes nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment